Amazing Collection of the Best Crochet Hat Patterns.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This costs you nothing, but for legal reasons, I must inform you that if you click on one of my links in this post and subsequently make a purchase, I will earn a commission for referring you to Amazon. So, if you go ahead and click on through today and buy something, let me say a HUGE thank you!
You have found one HECK of a compilation of crochet hats and beanie patterns, all FREE, right here, so welcome friend!!
Browse through the list below and I guarantee you will find your next project right here!
Happy Stitching Folks!
Wave Crochet Hat – You can wear this beanie with the ribbed bottom down for a slouchier fit (as pictured above). Or you can fold that section up for a more fitted cap. Make it using Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Buff, available from Amazon.
Yara Beanie – Comes in Child, Teen & Adult sizes. Erangi made it using 1 skein of Red Heart Soft yarn – Deep Sea available from Amazon.
Crochet Ribbed Beanie – This crochet ribbed beanie is NOT your average single crochet ribbed hat. It has a braided look that makes it unique. Shehnaaz made these beanies using Lion Brand Color Made Easy yarn, bulky size 5 that is on the thinner side. She used colors Mineral yellow ( I could only find Pittsburgh Yellow), Birch (I found this Feels Like Butta in White), and Medium Gray (I like this Big Value Super Chunky yarn in Grey), all available from Amazon.
November Twilight Slouch Hat – This beanie started out as a guy’s crochet hat but morphed into a ladies slouch hat! Kirsten used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Grey Heather, available from Amazon.
La Vie En Rose Earflap Hat – This sweet ski hat pattern with earflaps is not just for babies. Kirsten has included 6 sizes so you can make this hat for everyone in your family! It is an instant classic that will help keep you and your kiddos warm on the ski or sledding slopes this winter, and who doesn’t love the look of pom-poms and string ties?! She used a sturdy, soft acrylic yarn for this hat pattern – Red Heart Super Saver in Petal Pink.
Crochet Baby Hat with Ears – This hat is available in size 2T, but Mery does explain how to make it in any size you want! Mery made her hat using Alize Lanagold yarn, and I only found Light Cream on Amazon for you, but you can of course use any other DK Worsted yarn to make these cute hats!
Lemon Peel Stitch Beanie – This crochet beanie pattern is part of a pattern bundle using the lemon peel stitch, one of Tahryn’s favourite stitches. She’s put a crochet beanie, fingerless mittens and scarf bundle together all using this stitch. It’s great for beginners as the texture is very forgiving, and will hide and little mistakes that happen when first making things to wear. To make this hat, Tahryn used Paintbox Simply Aran yarn, which I couldn’t find on Amazon, but found this gorgeous Blush Marriner Aran with Wool yarn instead!
Slouch Hat Pattern – This is a great pattern for beginners and can be made in any Worsted yarn #4. Used here is Red Heart Soft Yarn in Really Red and Light Grey Heather.
Hunter Heart Hat – This simple crocheted heart hat is Kimberley’s most requested crochet pattern design! She’s thrilled to finally be sharing it – for FREE! Inspired by her collaboration with Jillian Harris and Etsy this toque is warm but not too thick, works up quickly, and looks like knit (but is actually completely crochet)! Available in Baby – Adult, using Chunky / Bulky size 5 yarn, like this Alpaca Yarn in Pink and Bernat Softee in White.
Luxe Leopard Beanie – Available in sizes for Baby through to Adult! It uses 2 main colors, 1 skein each. Kelsey used Color Made Easy bulky 5 yarn.
Alien Rainbow – Kat’s latest spiral design is this uniquely styled Alien Rainbow Beanie. The colors start out at the top of the antenna then they cleverly merge to form the top of the hat. Yarn used was Red Heart Super Saver (medium weight; 100% acrylic) in Cherry Red, Pumpkin, Bright Yellow, Spring Green, Blue, Amethyst, Soft Navy, White, Black.
Halloween Spiral Hat – This is a cute hat with an attached spider, perfect for Halloween! Available in baby through to adult (large) size! Kat used Red Heart Super Saver yarn (medium weight; 100% acrylic) in Black and Red.
Turkey Hat – This hat is perfect for baby’s first Thanksgiving. The body of the hat is worked in a continuous spiral then the features of the hat are made and sewn on following the detailed instructions and photos in the post. Kat used Red Heart Super Saver (medium weight; 100% acrylic) in Cafe Latte, Coffee, Red, Pumpkin, Yellow, Spring Green, Blue, White, Black.
Textured Slouchy – Tulip stitch makes the lovely texture of this hat. Part of the #hatnothate anti-bullying campaign, made using Lion Brand’s Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Dusty Blue.
Autumn Slouchy – I thought the lacey flower design of this hat looked really interesting and fun to make. The yarn used for this hat was “I Love This Wool Naturals in Biscuit”. I’m not sure where to source it, so I found this Natural Alpaca Tweed by Mary Maxim in Raw Cotton, instead, available from my fave Amazon!
Boys Slouchy – These textured, colorful slouches can be made in adult and child sizes. These hats were made with Caron Cupcake in “Tangerine Dream” yarn (currently unavailable on Amazon) so why not try the Caron Cupcake yarn “Mint Smoothie” or “Berry Muffin” instead?
Collection of Cloche Hat patterns – The Whoot have put together this beautiful collection which includes hats to buy on Etsy, but I have included it here because there are tons of free tutorials and patterns listed here in sizes for babies through to adults.
Butterfly Baby Beanie – To fit baby 3-6 months. Made with King Cole Baby Glitz yarn in some gorgeous yummy colours available from Amazon.
Elegant Hat Pattern – Balmoral style of yesteryear, this beautiful item will definitely grace any bonce that wears it. Designed by Kim Guzman and made using Caron Simply Soft yarn, beautiful colours available on Amazon.
Sephine Slouch Hat – The Sephine Slouch Hat has a lovely texture that really captures the eye. The combination of a lacy shell stitch and a puff stitch are what create the unique texture in this trendy spring accessory. Yarn used is Red Heart Soft in Grape, available from Amazon.
90’s Bucket Hat Pattern – Designed for adults and made with Lily’s Sugar and Cream yarn in Indigo, Darsi has designed this super 90’s style crochet hat that can be teamed with your scrunchies and mom jeans!!
FIND MORE CROCHET HATS BELOW!
I have listed every site with free crochet hat patterns that I could find on Google, below. Happy browsing these beautiful crafty sites!
- 1000s of free crochet hat patterns – Love Crafts
- Hats Crochet Patterns Collection – Yarnspirations
- 9 Crochet Hats for the Whole Family – Spruce Crafts
- 60+ Free Crochet Hat Patterns – All Free Crochet
- 1 and Half Hour Free Crochet Hat Pattern – Make and Do Crew
- 10 Fabulous & Free Crochet Hat Patterns – blog.Noble Knits
- Top 22 Free Crochet Hat Patterns – Marias Blue Crayon
- 48 Free Crochet Hat Patterns – Fave Crafts
- Over 400 Free Crocheted Hat Patterns – All Crafts
- Crochet Hat Patterns – Crochet n Crafts
- Easy Peasy 30 minute Beanie Free Crochet Pattern – Heart Hook Home
- 7 Free Crochet Hat Patterns – Easy Crochet
- Easiest Crochet Hat Pattern EVER – Yay for Yarn
- Easy Everyday Beanie Free Crochet Pattern – For The Frills
- Ribbed Wonder – An Easy Crochet Hat Pattern – Crochet 365 Knit Too
- Easy Crochet Hat Pattern – Sarah Maker
- 53 Free Crochet Hat Patterns With Bulky Yarn – Amore Crafty Life
- Free Crochet Patterns for Hats, Headbands & Ear Warmers – Left in Knots
- Watson Waffle Crochet Hat Pattern – Lakeside Loops
- Free Crochet Patterns for Hats and Beanies Archives – Oombawka Design Crochet
- How to Crochet a Hat, Free Pattern – Crochet Dreamz
- 25 Free Crochet Hat Patterns to Make, Wear & Gift – Love Life Yarn
- Free Crochet Bobble Hat Pattern – Gathered
- 21 Cozy Crochet Hat Patterns to Make this Winter – The Blue Elephants
- Billow Beanie Free Crochet Hat Pattern for Men – Rohn Strong
- Ripple Beanie – a Free Crochet Hat Pattern for Men – Crochet Therapy
- Crochet Chunky Hat Pattern – Just B Crafty
- Free Vintage Crochet Hat Patterns – Free Vintage Crochet
- Easy Crochet Hat Free Pattern – Everything Etsy
- My Favourite Free Crochet Hat Patterns – Sum of Their Stories
- Cluster Stitch Crochet Hat Pattern – The Unravelled Mitten
- Crochet Hat Patterns Archives Collection – Daisy Cottage Designs
- Sweetpea Slouch – Ravelry
- Cookies n Cream Slouchie – Left in Knots
- Crochet Aviator Hat Pattern – Repeat Crafter Me
- Learn to Crochet with 8 Totally Free Hat Patterns – Craftsy
- Done in One Beanie Free Crochet Hat Pattern – A Crocheted Simplicity
- Crochet Hats Archives – Kirsten Holloway
- 7 Easy Crochet Hat Patterns – Han Jan Crochet
- Mini Crochet Hat Ornament – Pretty Darn Adorable
- Easy Crochet Baby Hat Patterns – Felt Magnet
- 20 Messy Bun Hat Crochet Patterns – Cream of the Crop Crochet
- 22 Adorable Free Crochet Baby Hat Patterns – Mid Western Moms
- Crochet Hat Patterns – B Hooked
- Free Hedge Witch Hat Pattern – Morale Fiber
- Parker Crochet Baby Hat Free Pattern – Sewrella
- Free Crochet Hat Patterns (Collection) – Crazy Patterns
- Simple Slouchy Crochet Hat Pattern – Persia Lou
- Blossom Crochet Hat – Crochet Hat with Bill – Marley Bird
- How to Crochet a Hat in Any Size with Free Pattern – Crochet For You Blog
- 7 Free Chunky Crochet Hat Patterns – Ned and Mimi
- 14 Men’s Crochet Hat Patterns – Simply Collectible Crochet
- Easy Children’s crochet Hat Free Pattern – Rich Textures Crochet
- Free Crochet Pattern for Hats – Lisa Auch
- 11 Most Popular Crochet Hat Patterns – Nicki’s Homemade Crafts
- Small Dog / Cat Crochet Beanie Pattern – Twin Star Hooks Markie Garcia
- 50+ Fabulous and Fun Crochet Hat Patterns – Crochet Concupiscence
- Free Basic Beanie Crochet Pattern – Lovable Loops
- 15 Men’s Crochet Hat and Beanie Patterns All Free – Crochet Kim
- Free Hat Patterns for Crochet and Knit – Fibre Artsy
- Free Crochet Monkey Hat Pattern – The Friendly Red Fox
- Love This Chunky Yarn Crochet Hat Pattern – Stitching Together
- Easy Striped Crochet Baby Hat Pattern – Dabbles and Babbles
- Wooly Windows PDF Free Crochet Hat Pattern – Ewe Ewe
- Free Octopus Crochet Hat Pattern – Ravelry
- Free Crochet Hat Patterns – Posh Patterns
- Huge List of Free Knitting and Crochet Hat Patterns – Garn Studio
- 30 Crochet Hat Patterns for the Whole Family – Two Brothers Blankets
- Beautiful Crochet Hat Patterns that You can Make – Skip To My Lou
- 69 Free Knitting and Crochet Hat Patterns to Download – Woolly Wormhead
- Free Crochet Christmas Pudding Beanie Hat Pattern – Hooked on Patterns
- Hats Free Crochet Patterns – The Crochet Crowd
- Crochet Ribbed Hat Free Written Pattern – Siren’s Crochet
- Crochet Spiral Beanie Free Crochet Pattern – Loganberry Handmade
- Basic Bucket Hat Free Crochet Pattern – Jenny and Teddy
- 20 Gorgeous Crochet Hats to Keep You Feeling Warm and Good – DIY N Crafts
- How to Crochet a Perfect Hat with Free pattern – Mama in a Stitch
- Basic Crochet Hat Pattern in 8 Sizes – Crochet It Creations
- Chunky Cobblestone Beanie Pattern – Sweet Everly B
- Duende Mosaic Crochet Hat Free Pattern – My Crochetory
- Free Crochet Pattern for Easy Ear Flap Hat – Pattern Paradise
- Bead Stitch Crochet Hat Pattern – 5 Little Monsters
- A Hat with Love Crochet Hat Pattern – My Hobby is Crochet
- Ribbed Bobble Hat Free Crochet Pattern – Lincoln Woolpack
- The Best Free Crochet Ponytail Hat Patterns – Knit Hacker
- Easy DIY Crochet Hat Pattern For Beginners – Gathering Beauty
- Free Rainbow Crochet Hat Download – Crochet Now
- 15 Awesome Crochet Slouchy Hat Patterns – Malloo Knits
- Woodland Beanie Free Crochet Pattern – Hooked on Tilly Life
- 15 Free Crochet Preemie Hat Patterns – The Stitchin Mommy
- 12 Easy Cloche Crochet Patterns – Stitch and Unwind
- Easy Crochet Doll Hat Patterns – PA Country Crafts
- Crochet Sun Hat (Wide Brim) Free Pattern – Craft Passion
- Free Crochet Hat Patterns (Cozy & Cute) – Handy Little Me
- 24 Free Crochet Patterns for Pom Pom Hats – Underground Crafter
- Danyel Pink Crochet Hat Pattern – Danyel Pink Designs
- Gumdrop Slouchy Hat Free Crochet Pattern – Gleeful Things
- 6 Quick and Free Crochet Hat Patterns – Vicky Myers Creations
- Crochet Chevron Hat Pattern – Whistle and Ivy
- Oats and Honey crochet Hat Free Pattern – Stitch and Hustle
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns for Beginners – Crochet Kingdom
If you have posted your own free crochet hat / beanie patterns and you are not listed here, PLEASE do contact me so I can add yours here.
Pinterest Boards for Crochet Hat Patterns:
- 380+ Crochet Hats for Women
- 400+ Crochet Patterns Hats – Puzzle Nutty
- 120+ Free Crochet Hat Patterns – Yarnspirations
- 750+ Free Crochet Hat Patterns TSH – The Steady Handshop
- 220+ Free Crochet Hat Patterns – A Crafty Concept
- 570+ Crochet Hat Patterns – Fave Crafts
- 800+ Crochet Hat Patterns – Crochet Kim Dot Com
- 1000+ Crochet Hats – My Hobby is Crochet
- 470+ Crochet Hats – Crochet Dreamz
- 1480+ Crochet Hats Patterns – Erangiudeshika
- 770+ Crochet Hats and Beanies Patterns – Nicki’s Crafts
- 400+ Crochet Hat Patterns – Little John’s Yarns
- 500+ Crochet Hats – Loopy Lambs
- 850+ Hat Crochet Patterns / Beanie Crochet Patterns – Joy of Motion
- 200+ Crochet Hat Patterns – Pretty Darn Adorable
- 300+ Crochet Hats – Crafting for Weeks
- 700+ Crochet Hats and Headbands – Left in Knots
- 2000+ Free Hat Patterns – Baker Rose
- 260+ Hats and Beanies Crochet Patterns – Burgundy and Blush
- 380+ Crochet Hats for Women – B Hooked Crochet
- 590+ Crochet Adults Hats Ladies and Mens – Crochet n Create
- 870+ Crochet Hats, Crochet Ear Warmers & Crochet Headbands – Easy Crochet
- 900+ Crochet Hats FREE – Free is Me
If you want to browse even MORE of these fantastic Pinterest crochet boards, then browse them here.
Here’s my Pinterest Group Board for all things Crochet & Knitting (4500+ patterns) – drop by, follow and join us!
Free Measurements Reference Chart
Learn to Crochet with this Beginners Kit!
Follow my blog to get updates on new freebies added to this site!
See More Crochet Patterns on my Blog Here
Happy Stitching, love from