Free Crochet Fun!
The Wave Beanie
A crochet Pattern by Picot Pals
(You can see the full pattern here or view the original post here.)
17” (43.18 cm) x 11” (27.94 cm) before folding.
190-230 yards (174-214 meters)
14 rows x 15 stitches = 4” (10 cm) x 4” (10 cm)
- 5 mm crochet hook
- Red Heart Super Savers yarn in the shade Buff or any other worsted weight yarn
- tapestry needle
Abbreviations (US terms)
BLO – back loop only
ch – chain
dc – back loop only double crochet
sc – back loop only single crochet
sl st – back loop only slip stitch
st – stitch
- The first stitch is worked in both loops. Each stitch after that is worked in the BLO.
- Each ch 1 counts as a stitch.
- The hat is worked flat in rows then stitched together.
- ** indicates a repeated instruction. Repeat the instructions between asterisks as many times as specified.
Row 1: skip first ch, 9 sc, *5 sl st, 5 dc* 3 times, 5 sl st, ch 1, turn (45)
Row 2: skip first st, 4 sl st, *5 dc, 5 sl st* 3 times, 10 sc, ch 1, turn (45)
Row 3: Skip first st, 9 sc, *5 dc, 5 sl st* 3 times, 5 sl st, ch 1, turn (45)
Row 4: skip first st, 9 sl st, *5 dc, 5 sl st* 2 times, 5 dc, 10 sc, ch 1, turn (45)
Rows 5-60: repeat rows 1-4 15 times for a total of 60 rows.
- Stitch both ends of the hat together.
- Sew a running stitch across the 5 sl st section of the hat. Each stitch should be about 1 inch (2.54 cm) across.
- Pull tightly (like a drawstring).
- Weave your tapestry Needle through the closed circle that you made.
- Stitch a pom pom to the top of the hat.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This costs you nothing, but for legal reasons, I must inform you that if you click on one of my links in this post and subsequently make a purchase, I will earn a commission for referring you to Amazon. So, if you go ahead and click on through today and buy something, let me say a HUGE thank you!
Follow and Join me on my Pinterest Group Board:
If you loved this post, then follow me to receive notifications of new fun crochet patterns added to my site. I promise I won’t spam your inbox!