Criss-cross dress tutorial and ruffle bloomers
Created and made by Melly Sews
The pattern is in size 0-3 months. If you need a different size, the full digital pattern is available for purchase unless you subscribe to Melly Sews site. To get it, click your preferred option on her page to get the free pattern only as a newsletter subscriber, or to buy the full PDF pattern + printable instructions.
This post contains affiliate links which simply means that if you make a purchase after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission as a thank you, at no extra cost to you!
Supplies needed for the dress:
- 2 pieces of fabric, 2/3 of a yard each (adorable baby prints from Amazon)
- Any embellishments you want to add
- 2 snaps – I used the kind you apply with a hammer, but you can also use the sew on kind.
- The pattern & tutorial…
Ruffle bloomers pattern:
The pattern is in size 0-3m. If you need a different size, the full digital pattern is available for purchase on the Melly Sews site. To get it, click your preferred option on the page to get the free pattern only as a newsletter subscriber, or to buy the full PDF pattern + printable instructions.
Supplies needed for the bloomers:
- 1/2 yd of fabric for the bloomers
- 2 strips of fabric 28 inches long by 3 1/2 inches wide for the ruffles
- 1/2 inch wide elastic for waist, about 17 inches
- 1/4 inch wide elastic for the legs, about 20 inches
- The bloomer pattern & tutorial
Pattern of the day:
Why not sign up to receive regular updates packed full of free patterns, tips & tutorials to help you with your everyday sewing?
Read: Sewing for Beginners
Join my Pinterest Group Board for Babies & Kids for thousands of more free sewing patterns & tutorials
Find more free sewing patterns here…
until next time…